Thursday, August 7, 2008
I'm Impressed
So this is interesting. I was reading on Lindsay's blog last month about hand washing versus using the dishwasher. And you would think that because you're doing something by hand that you have to be saving money somehow right? Well, I decided to stop hand washing our dishes and strictly use the dishwasher, except for big items or things that really needed to be hand washed.(why would I hand wash when I have a dishwasher in the first place? Because I thought I was conserving energy. It turns out that I wasn't), except for big items or things that really needed to be hand washed. So, we just got our water bill today and in the past month our water bill went down by $22! Like I said, I'm impressed. We don't have the greatest dishwasher in the world, I still have to maybe rinse a glass or two that didn't get fully clean, but it's not too bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! I've often wondered about that! Thanks for doing the experiment for me, so I don't have to :-) $22 is great savings for 1 month!
That's great! Somehow, I don't think a dishwasher would work with our water system. I'd be willing to try, though!!! ;^)
How are you guys doing? The Lee's are coming down in December. You should come with them!!!!!!!!!
Miss you!
Post a Comment