Friday, January 5, 2007

I'm finally sitting down to write for a little bit while my babies nap. Things have been busy here and I have just not found the time to write anything. Well, we had a nice little Christmas with our boys and my husband's side of the family here in town. Then for new year's weekend we ventured up to Washington to visit my family and some old friends. It really takes a lot of time and energy traveling with two little ones under the age of 2. But by the Lord's grace I've gotten really good at it since we have been traveling quite a bit in the past month. The boys have done wonderfully with our long car rides and we really don't have any trouble with them at all. But with being away from home it's hard to keep to what's "normal" for Elijah. His nights have been terrible because we were at other people's homes and not wanting to wake up everyone else I would just bring him to bed with me. But then that started the old ways again and he's now waking up every 3-4 hours again at night. It's really hard. I'm pretty tired and I am probably going to work at him crying it out again soon. We are going to Hawaii in a couple of weeks and I really would like him to be sleeping through the night by then.
--Whoa--Hawaii?? I imagine that's what a lot of you are probably saying!!! Where did that come from? Well, that is something that we've been praying about most recently. We have been sensing that the Lord might be calling us to join our friends who are church planting in Hawaii. So we're flying out to spend some time with the them, and among other things we plan on spending a lot of time talking and praying with them about whether this is where the Lord is calling us. I hope that the Lord will really confirm in our hearts his will for us through this trip. Anyways, If you feel led, please pray for us as we seek the Lord's leading and direction about this.

Well, today I am making a cake for my friend's baby shower tomorrow. I hope it turns out! I will post pictures of it hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: