Thursday, February 5, 2009

Childlike Faith

The boys are growing and changing and learning so much. It amazes me to think Moses will be 4 in the fall...time flies...i will never cease to be amazed by how quickly the days go by...I am continually learning and being challenged as a mom. Ryan and I both are challenged, and daily feel the ever need for the Lord's strength and grace. But He is SO good and his grace abundant! With that said, I wanted to share what happened earlier this week. The boys have been memorizing John 3:16 and this past Monday I started our morning Bible time off with them saying the verse. Then Moses asked me shortly after where God is. I did my best to explain, and then he said that he wanted God in his heart. Talk about being caught off guard! We pray for their salvation all the time, but I never expected him to earnestly desire it now. But why not? We talk literally every day with our boys about sin and our need for Jesus, so they've been exposed to the gospel quite a bit...but it still surprised me. For a moment I wasn't sure if this was "real," but the gospel is simple and he really gets it. So I shared with him again what that meant and told him how he could have God in his heart and what that would mean. I didn't want to just have him repeat a prayer but encouraged him to pray on his own. And in his precious almost 3 1/2 year old child like faith, he scrunched up his face with his eyes shut tight and said, "oh Jesus, please forgive my sin and come into my heart. Make me your child. Amen!" I can't remember if he said more than that, but that is what I remember. It just blessed my soul and I wished that Ryan could have been there, but he was at work, so we called daddy right away to tell him the news! Oh yeah, so after he prayed, I gave him this big hug and told him how I was so happy, and immediately he got really concerned and said, "mom, don't smash God! He's in my heart!" oh the laughter...

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. " 3 John 1:4

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Praise the Lord! That is super (and super-cute about "smashing" God in his heart).

We did visit HOF on Sunday...I thought I saw you across the room, but I couldn't find you afterward! We liked a lot of things about HOF; we may still visit some other churches and see how God leads.

Meghan said...

This delights my heart beyond words.

Emily said...

That's a sweet story! Thanks for sharing!

I just wanted to respond to your comment about the inducement and the tea and all that. It's definitely not my first choice to be induced, but the chances that I might have to have a c-section due to the shear size of my babies is probably higher than risks associated with the pitocin. Maddox's delivery was very scary and traumatic and I don't want to re-live that one again!

I am going to try other things to hopefully induce labor naturally, first. And, I really believe I'll have her early like I did Maddox. I've been taking Dr. Christopher's pre-natals (bought them online) and have been drinking raspberry leaf tea for about 2 weeks now. I'll look into the Evening Primrose Oil, too. I was also reading up on pressure points and stuff like that. My body is already preparing itself, so hopefully with some extra help we can get things moving a little quicker.

Can't wait to hear how things are going for you and your pregnancy!