Sunday, May 31, 2009

Are Vaccines Safe?

I have just begun my research on vaccines. I wish that I had known what I am learning before I had my first child. Anyways, I just want to encourage anyone who reads this to research vaccines and their safety if you have a baby or are going to have a baby. Here is a video that i highly recommend. There are also alot of great books out there too. She has some listed on her website. I don't know for certain that this lady speaking is a Christian, but she seems to be by some of the things she says. Anyways, this video is is highly informative on vaccines. What I appreciate the most is that with all the information she presents, she still says not to trust her but to do your own research and make your own decision. So, that is what I am passing along to anyone who reads this. I am thankful that none of my children were vaccine injured, but I wish that I had someone telling me 3-4 years ago to research and educate myself and not just do what everyone else is doing.

Mary Tocco is the speaker that I referred to above.
"Mary Tocco has twenty-seven years experience managing and promoting chiropractic offices. She has done extensive research into natural healthcare, home-birth, nutrition, and many other aspects related to wellness and anti-aging. As a mother of five very healthy children who were raised utilizing these principles, she is a consultant to many who want to promote natural family health. She is a wealth of information for families that want to avoid pharmaceuticals and can show them a more natural approach. She is also an independent researcher and public speaker. Since 1979, she has been investigating vaccinations and their connection to childhood illness. In 2006, she released a DVD called “Are Vaccines Safe?” that has been viewed by over 100,000 people worldwide. " http://childhoodshots.com/Preview_DVD_.php

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I truly believe that vaccines have their place. Had they not be created, our country would be ravaged by terrible, fatal diseases like Polio and Measles. Vaccines have practically done away with those in our country and for that we need to be thankful. I have not done a ton of research on them simply because it feels like every article out there is bias towards their particular view and very little scientific fact. There is a certain level of trust in God that we must place that our children will be protected. I personally know somebody who had an allergic reaction to a vaccine and is now in a vegitative state. I feel like the only reason I wouldn't vaccinate my children is purely out of fear of the "what ifs". I have chosen to have my kids vaccinated a little at a time. Rather than getting 3-4 combination shots, I get them one or two at a visit and just spread them out. My dr. has helped me to figure out which ones are more important now and which ones can be held off on. Thanks for sharing the info! Just don't NOT do it out of fear. God is our protector :-)

Candice said...

Hey Emily, Thanks for sharing. That is really sad about the person you know and their reaction to the vaccine. Though the numbers are small, how devastating it is for those people who have severe reactions. In regards to this topic of vaccines, I believe like anything else each person has to do what the feel peace about before the Lord. He is our protector and he is sovereign overall. But I believe there is more going on in the realm of medicine and vaccinations then the average person knows about. If we are going to vaccinate our kids, than we should in the very least question what are we putting into our their bodies. Anyways, I am glad to be learning and I just wanted to encourage others to research too, for their own sake.

Rebecca said...

Hi, Candice!
After Sarah had an extreme reaction to her first DTP (diptheria, tetanus, pertussis) shot at about 10 months old, and the nurse I called said it was a "normal" reaction, I began to do research. Like you, I was wishing that someone had told me sooner, but praising God that I found out when I did. We chose to do a few vaccines, but became VERY selective, and I know that I irritated more than one nurse by my very firm stand on vaccines.

In fact, when you have a baby in the hospital several vaccines/treatments are "standard operating proceedure" and you have to be REALLY verbal (read that staunchly unmoving and bordering on rude) to get the nurses to NOT give vitamin K shots to your newborn (for example, there are others, too).

I was so angry after the twin's birth when I found out that the nurse had given them their first round of shots not only without my permission, but against my express orders that I ended up filing a complaint. (Rebel, I know.) Fortunately, it all worked out OK.

Our final decision for all vaccines was based on the worst possible case scenario for the immunization versus the worst case for the actual disease. With that in mind, we keep the kids current for tetanus. If they end up going to Africa, we'll worry about yellow fever then. After 3 years in the "wilds" of Mexico, all the kids are still ok...even without their immunizations!

We do not live in fear, but try to live wisely, trusting God to protect the kids He's given us and to give us wisdom when we need to act on their behalf. We like to say, "God looks out for fools and small children...and also for fools with small children!"

Glad to see you back in Bloggyland. I've been pretty busy lately, so I haven't posted much. Give big hugs to all the boys and Doug says HI to Ryan!!! Love you, Sister!!!

Alanda said...

Thanks for the info. God bless you more and merry Christmas and happy new year!