Sunday, April 6, 2008
New Hair
So, God is so sweet to me. I've been wanting to get my hair cut for the last year or so. A year ago I had pretty long hair, we moved out here it and it was so warm that within a month or so I had a friend cut off like 5 inches so it was up to my shoulders, then I layered my hair myself in the bathroom. It didn't look so great down, but it didn't matter since I just needed it to be lighter and I wore it up all the time. So than it grew and 6 months later I cut if off myself again in our bathroom. This time I did a pretty good job, considering it was me doing it. But I still wore it up all the time. Okay, so now I had been wanting to get it trimmed, thinned out and restyled by a professional and wanted to be able to wear it down without it looking like a homemade cut. So, I didn't even pray about it, but God provided me with a free haircut! About 2 weeks ago at church a dear lady walked up and told me she wanted to pay for me to get my hair cut. (She knew of my hair cutting endeavors). So she sent me to this awesome place that gave me a scalp massage beforehand, even rubbed my neck and shoulders too. I got a wonderful shampoo and was so incredibly relaxed by the time the hair cut started, I almost kept my eyes closed the entire time. That was a mistake. I feel that I have the worst --don't like the work luck, but what word should I use? I don't know, I'm tired so i'll just say luck, I have the worst luck with explaining to the hairdresser exactly what I want. Even when I bring in a photo it never turns out right. So, I did my best to explain my desire for my hair before I became relaxed and once again it didn't quite turn out right. So, I was blessed a free hair cut and a wonderful experience while I was there but it wasn't what I hoped. Basically it looked great at the shop, but after washing it the next day and realizing that the reason I liked it the day before was because of all the product(mouse and what not), and she spent so much time styling it. She actually cut my bangs too short and the length of my hair I would have like a bit shorter. So, I have short hair that is constantly falling in my face and I don't own a blow dryer, curling iron, or any hair spray. So the past few days I have been trying to figure out my new hair and how to make it work. I thought about going back and asking her to cut it shorter but than I don't think that I would like the rest shorter when the top is shorter than I would like. Ugh! Hair, gosh, the things that I get frustrated about are so minuscule. I'm learning things through them, though not sure what I'm learning with this yet. So, I've worn my hair the same for about 3 1/2 years now, so maybe getting what I didn't want will help me come up with a new hair style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment