Monday, September 15, 2008

It's Been Awhile

Where have I been this past month, almost month and a half? I don't know. Maintaining life as best I can. I get so exhausted when I'm pregnant. I have been blessed, I know, in that I don't get sick. But being pregnant takes so much energy that I feel like I just barely get done the basics everyday. I know that if I wasn't pregnant my house would be cleaner, more organized, and I would be exercising regularly. But I'm pregnant and lack the desire and energy to get extras done. It is for a time I know. I look forward to when my energy returns.

We've also been a little busy just with summer and all. We had another trip to the beach and celebrated Elijah's 2nd birthday.

Elijah turned 2 on August 19th! So for 6 weeks I have two two year olds! Moses will be 3 on the 28th!


Hmm, what else? My older sister is getting married! So I drove to Oly last weekend a week ago by myself with the boys for her bridal shower. Here is a picture of me and her. I look tired of course, but she was glowing and looked like a bride-to-be!

I spent the day up there and then drove back that night! Wow, I was tired, but managed. ANd the wedding is this weekend and we're all going up this Friday and staying to Saturday night or Sunday morning. I am a bridesmaid and the colors are black and plum. I wonder if she liked the idea of black from my wedding. I should ask her. Anyways, so I really didn't want to buy a dress that I woudn't wear again for a while anyway, so I am actually borrowing a dress from a friend. The funny thing is it's a dress from the choir of the college I went to! But it looks really nice. I will post pictures after the wedding.


oh yeah, how could I forget? Ryan and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on September 4th.

Our wedding day


Our anniversary

4 years go by too fast

We had a friend babysit for us and we went out to the most amazing Thai restaurant called Typhoon! I love thai and have eaten at my fair share of restaurants and I have to say that I think this is the best. They are top rated if you look it up online. ANd they use really high quality ingredients and no msg. ANyways, oh yeah our anniversary--haha! Yeah, it was really special. Ryan bought me 2 dozen roses(he said it was a better deal that way), and it was really funny when he handed them to me because Moses was so enthralled by the large bouquet that he said, "thank you daddy for getting them for mommy!" It was cute. We had an enjoyable evening together by ourselves and it was just nice to get away from the everyday stuff and just enjoy being together.


I haven't been to the doctor yet. I'm starting my 14th week today. I will go to the doctor on the 16th for a consultation to discuss the possibility of my having a VBAC with them. They didn't say no outright to me know that I have had 2 previous c-sections which is encouraging. I am just hoping that they let me try! I have been really emotional about the birth of this next one actually. I have been doing a lot of reading to educate myself about vbacs and the whole birthing process. I never read any books before and I wisht that I had. I feel so different now that I have read so much. We even considered the idea of a homebirth for awhile but have decided to be at the hospital just in case. The percentage of rupturing is actually so small, but there is still that chance. ANyways, it's so hard, i just want to have a natural birth and not have another c-section.

Well, hopefully I'll stay a little more up to date from now on, we'll see!

6 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi there!Good to "see" you:-)
Moses and Elijah are so big!

Rebecca said...

Oh, they're getting so big!!!

Time flies so fast. Y'know what, you two haven't changed a bit since your wedding -- still a beautiful couple and now a beautiful family!

You might talk to a local midwife. I know that there used to be several in the area and they could really help in choosing an OB and other stuff, too. I hope all goes well at your appointment. Keep us posted!

Jill Pullen said...

Wow, 4 years already? It seems like yesterday that you guys met. I love Typhoon too, delicious.
I've actually been thinking about birthing kids for a while now (probably not for a few more years though, but I'm already getting excited about it), and I think that I want to do it naturally either at home or a birthing center with a midwife. We shall see. I wonder if your new one is a boy or girl.

Jill Pullen said...

P.S. I miss you, Candice!

Emily said...

Thanks for the update, it's so good to hear about your life! Boy does time fly! I'm glad you haven't had any sickness other than just being tired.

Melissa said...

Good to hear from you--sounds like you've been busy! I'm sorry I never responded to th E-mail you sent quite a while back...we've been crazy busy, too. I'd love to get together with you again sometime if you are up to it!