Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Homemade Butter

I just made butter this morning. It takes about 15 minutes or so on a high speed in your mixer. I can't imagine how long it must have taken in the old days in a butter churn. I can see why butter must have been such a delicacy, it took so long to make. I had been wanting to make butter, just for fun to see how it would turn out, and was finally inspired to do so when I found this recipe.


I used 1 pint heavy whipping cream ultra pasteurized and I think it made about 1 cup butter and 1 cup buttermilk. It was fun:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed! How does it taste in comparison to store-bought butter?

Anna said...

Hey girl! So great to see you tonight and your beautiful family! Visit our blog too! :-) Love ya!