Monday, November 3, 2008

Learning to Trust and Not Worry

We still don't know what the Lord has for us as far as this next birth goes, but today I really felt overwhelmed with his peace. I know the Lord has his reasons for taking us through this process of decision making, and one thing I'm learning is to trust the Lord and trust my husband. I know that the Lord will answer our prayers, in one way or another, and he will bring his will about. I feel so exhausted with searching for a Dr. though, that I'm taking a break. God will show us what to do, and it's going to happen even if I'm not searching everyday. We had an encouraging time at church yesterday, just with conversations with different people about this and being prayed for. It was a blessing.

As far as birthing centers here: by law they are not allowed to do a vbac after 2 or more c-sections. They do vbacs but it has to be at your house. I feel like we're at a fork in the road and our options are c-section or home birth. We're still considering a home birth, perhaps not at our home, but maybe at another home closer to the hospital. The biggest thing is that God would bring us peace no matter what we decide. We know of a couple of really godly midwives, so that is a blessing. I feel so hopeful that our next birth could go well, but there is always the unknown that makes one a little nervous. We are praying for the Lord's peace ultimately for what we should do, uless we do find a dr. that will support a vbac2 at a hospital. It will have been 2 1/2 years since my last c-section and the rate for rupturing is less than 1 %. I'm hopeful...we will see...thanks for your prayers.

No comments: